Dental crowns are used to cover a tooth or dental implant.
In dentistry, teeth are covered to support a weak tooth and/or dental tissue. The material used in dental crowns must be resistant to many chewing pressures. It must also be compatible with biology. In this context, zirconium crowns can be used both in the construction of dental crowns and bridges. At the same time, in line with the developing digital technologies, it is also used in implant overlays and full arch rehabilitation.
WHAT ARE ZIRCONIUM BRANDS?
The most common question our patients ask about zirconium veneers is the brand of the veneer. Because the question that many patients have in mind in this regard is whether zirconium veneers are made in China or Germany. There are many brands of zirconium veneers. Lava, Vita, Zironzahn. All these brands give quality and aesthetic results. It is always important to use quality materials for a beautiful treatment.
ZIRCONIUM CROWN TYPES:
Zirconium crowns can be made as individual teeth or in bridge form. In addition to teeth grinding-resistant zirconium crowns for patients who grind their teeth, there are also monolithic zirconiums consisting entirely of zirconium crowns. With the development of digital technology, zirconium brands and applications are diversifying day by day.
DURABILITY OF ZIRCONIUM COATING
Zirconiums offer a safe chewing strength. Crowns require a strong material. For this reason, it can be easily used in every part of the mouth, both on the front and back teeth. Since zirconium crowns are tissue compatible (bio-compatible), they do not cause allergies, in addition, since they are fully compatible with oral tissues, they do not cause gum problems in cases where oral hygiene is good.
Thanks to the developing digital technologies, it is possible to make zirconium veneers on the same day, since the measurement taken can be computer-aided production with special scrapers. With this system, it is also possible to produce the zirconium coating to be used completely from a single piece of zirconium.
PROCEDURE OF ZIRCONIUM COATING
There are three main procedures in the production of zirconium veneers.
- After the tooth cutting is done, impressions are taken with classical methods and the treatment is completed within 4-5 days by first making the substructure and then the superstructure procedure.
- After tooth cutting, digital impression is taken and the tooth is inserted on the same day
- Taking the digital impression and making a rehearsal first and then inserting the tooth
Your dentist follows the following procedure.
- Application of local anesthesia to the tooth (no anesthesia is required for root canal treated teeth)
- If the tooth has a previous crown, the crown is removed. If there are underlying caries or problems, these are removed and treated. If there is no crown on the tooth, the tooth is cut. Our patients do not feel any pain or soreness during the cutting process.
Measurement of the tooth
- The tooth impression is taken manually or digitally.
- An impression is taken for temporary tooth application.
- The impression is sent to the laboratory digitally or with an impression material. It is ensured that the design suitable for the mouth structure is made.
- The harmony between the technician and the dentist is very important to ensure the perfect fit of the veneers to the teeth. The technician checks the measurements and requests them from the dentist if necessary. Thus, the process of making a veneer that our patient will be comfortable in the future begins.
- During the design, the dentist and the technician are in dialog. Because every treatment is intended to be personalized.
Rehearsal Phase of Zirconium Veneers
- The new crown is placed in the patient’s mouth. The edge fit, the contacts of the tooth, their compatibility with the opposing tooth, color and shape are tested. If necessary, it is processed again in the laboratory for polishing and reshaping and placed in the mouth on the same day.
SAME DAY PROCEDURE FOR ZIRCONIUM CROWNS
- The tooth is prepared under local anesthesia (the cutting technique in digital systems has slight differences compared to other techniques. The physician performs the cutting by taking this into consideration).
- Digital impression is taken.
- The design is realized with the cooperation of the physician and the technician. In the meantime, photographs and patient videos are used for the color shape.
- Zirconium crowns are produced with special scrapers. The type of zirconium is also decided during the design.
- It is placed on the tooth on the same day.
After the placement of zirconium crowns in the mouth, checks should be performed every six months. During the six-monthly check-ups, the adaptation of the crowns, their relationship with the opposing tooth and gum health are examined and things that need to be arranged in this regard are done. Thus; crowns are ensured to serve in the mouth for 10-15 years.
ADVANTAGES OF ZIRCONIUM CROWNS
- Zirconium veneers will be an extremely good choice for those who want to have an aesthetic smile.
- It is an alloy close to the natural tooth color. It is a great advantage that they are white and durable.
- They do not cause bad breath.
- Since they are compatible with the gums, they do not cause gingival recession.
- They do not cause a purple appearance on the gums.
- Since they are compatible with digital technologies, they provide tooth production in a short time with developing software.
- Zirconia ceramics containing zircon element are resistant to breakage like classical metal-supported ceramics.
- With the development of technology, their costs are not as high as before.
- Zirconium crowns such as monolithic zirconium are highly resistant to large pressure changes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ZIRCONIUM DENTAL TREATMENT?
When there is a loss of material in the tooth, the veneers made to provide a complete adaptation in the implant overlays are very advantageous. They have a very strong feature in replacing dental tissues and meeting dental pressures. Unlike porcelain veneers, these veneers are not dark colored. They do not cause a purple reflection on the gums.
IS ZIRCONIUM DENTAL VENEER LONG-LASTING?
As with all veneers, zirconium veneers have a long life with good care and regular dentist control.
WHAT IS THE COST OF ZIRCONIUM DENTAL APPLICATION?
Although zirconium veneers have variable prices depending on the material used, they are now more affordable with the development of technology. Long-term use and protection of the appearance and gums during use make zirconium applications less costly in the long run.