Connective Tissue Graft /Free Gingival Graft
Contrary to popular belief, gum recession is not helpless. This condition, which may result in the loss of teeth if timely and correct intervention is not performed, is a condition that can be treated with the use of specialist and correct technique.
The main factor causing gingival recession should be found and eliminated. The process that allows the exposed root surface to be covered with gum again with appropriate minor surgical procedures is called connective tissue graft.
The root surface exposed with connective tissue graft (BDG) or free gingival graft (SDG) can be covered with the person’s own gum tissue with a single session minor surgical procedure.
What are the problems that may occur if the root surface is not closed?
If the exposed root surface is not closed;
- Tooth root caries
- Progression of gum recession
- Formation of areas that cannot be easily cleaned
- Aesthetic problems
- Tooth loose
- Undesirable consequences such as tooth loss may occur.
The advantages of BDG and SDG are as follows:
- Since the person’s own tissue is used, there is no risk of allergies and non-acceptance of the tissue.
- Since no artificial material is used, there is no extra material cost.
- All wound areas are inside the mouth.
For early detection and treatment of such conditions that can be easily solved, 6-month routine control and cleaning sessions are of great importance. We should not neglect our routine controls.