Dentists have been using 2D imaging methods for many years. This imaging system, which provides a practical use, has moved towards 3D imaging with the development of today’s world. Because the development of dentistry technologies has developed in parallel with our patients’ expectations from us. Now, after a treatment, our patients want needle-free, painless and even complication-free treatments from us. They want to return to their daily lives quickly after treatment and refuse to have any discomfort in their lives.
Is painless, painless and bloodless implant treatment possible? Although this is always our goal, we definitely need advanced diagnostic methods to realize this. For this reason, we need 3D imaging systems.
WHAT ARE THE USAGE AREAS OF DENTAL VOLUMETRIC TOMOGRAPHY?
- Diagnosis of cyst and tumor
- Impacted tooth operation
- Understanding the whole mouth area in implant applications
- Determination of the width and length of the jawbone
- Before any operation related to bone
- Examination of the sinus area’s connection with teeth and bone
- Measurement of bone quality
WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF DENTAL VOLUMETRIC TOMOGRAPHY?
- It provides an advantage to patients who are afraid of entering the closed area.
- It is a fast and easy method. It gives an instant image. Provides instant analysis.
- Image quality and resolution are quite good.
- It allows the areas that the 2D imaging system does not show (such as between the roots, the parts of the roots facing the back) to be seen.
- Disorders related to the jaw joint can be visualized in more detail.
- The depth, volume and even density of the bone can be calculated.
- The proximity to the nerves (teeth, impacted teeth) can be easily calculated.
- There are programs that allow the physician to imagine and plan the operation to be performed in 3D in advance.
HOW IS SHOOTING WITH DENTAL VOLUMETRIC TOMOGRAPHY DEVICE?
After adjusting the face and position of our patient with the guide rays of the device, imaging is taken from the targeted area at a speed of seconds.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF DENTAL VOLUMETRIC TOMOGRAPHY?
Although device costs do not decrease with the development of technology, the device, which is generally used as a diagnostic method, is offered to our patients at an affordable cost with its advantages that support many dental applications.