Dental crowns are used to cover a tooth or dental implant. Dentists cover teeth to support a weak tooth and/or dental tissue. Zirconium veneers can be used both in the construction of dental crowns and in the construction of bridges.
Durability of Zirconium Veneer
Zirconiums offer a safe chewing strength. A strong material is required for making crowns. For this reason, it can be easily used in every part of the mouth, both on the front and back teeth. Since zirconium crowns are compatible with tissue (bio-compatible), they do not cause allergies, in addition, since they are fully compatible with oral tissues, they do not cause gum problems in cases where oral hygiene is good.
Thanks to the developing digital technologies, it is possible to make zirconium veneers on the same day, since computer-aided production can be made with special scrapers. With this system, it is also possible to produce the zirconium coating to be used completely from a single piece of zirconium.
Prcedure of Zirconium Veneer Production
There are two main procedures in the production of a dental veneer.
Your dentist can cut your tooth and then bond your veneer with a temporary chrome on the second visit, or if your dentist has the appropriate technology and equipment, he/she can produce and attach it immediately with the same day procedure.
Two Visit Procedure
Your dentist follows the following procedure.
- Local anaesthesia is applied, that is, if the tooth is alive, anaesthesia is applied to prevent pain during the preparation of the tooth (i.e. filing).
- An impression is taken.
- Temporary tooth is applied.
- The impression is sent to the lavra and the crown or bridge suitable for the mouth structure is made.
- The new crown is tested in the patient’s mouth and if necessary, it is processed again in the laboratory for polishing and placed in the mouth on the same day.
Same Day Procedure
- The tooth is prepared (i.e. filed) under local anaesthesia
- Digital measurement is taken.
- Zirconium crowns are produced with special scrapers.
- It is placed on the tooth on the same day.
After the placement of zirconium crowns in the mouth, controls should be made every six months. In the six-month controls, the adaptation of the crowns, their relationship with the opposite tooth, gum health are checked and the things that need to be arranged in this regard are done. Thus; crowns are provided to serve in the mouth for 10-15 years.